Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving Thanks and Paying it Forward


This Thanksgiving, I have many things to feel grateful for. And I will make a list here for posterity. With the attitude of gratitude, I share with you my dear Aalayam family, the list of things I am Giving Thanks for. And a thought to pay the good fortune that I have been bestowed with....forward.

Here's My Thanksgiving List:

1. I am thankful for Aalayam, the blog, the collaboration with Deepa and the other fantastic artists we work with, and of course, the interaction with you all. I am thankful for the opportunity to express myself via a social media platform, instantly and easily. Thankful for "push-button" publishing. 

2. I am thankful for my family - my kids, my husband and my parents, who listen to me love and laugh, scold and fuss, worry and nag, unfettered! Yet, they love me. I am truly thankful for that.

3. I am thankful for my friends - who do not judge. Who accept me for who I am. And for what I am not.



4. I am thankful for tranquil landscapes, the peace and harmony of living a driving distance away from natural green spaces. I am thankful for Sunday Morning newspaper and coffee, sitting and watching the lake gurgle, while day dreaming. I am thankful for the means afforded to me to indulge in good food, drink, (chocolate included!) and gyms. ;)

5. I am thankful for my career, my co-workers and my clients, Yes even my boss! :) I am thankful to them for allowing me to lead, manage and ideate - all things I love to do, and still get paid for it!


6.  I am thankful for my unflagging enthusiasm - to entertain, decorate, create, write, and always do something. I am thankful that I always have something to look forward to. 

7. I am thankful for my home and my garden (that my husband carefully tends). I am thankful for my sweet husband who lets me decorate my nest MY WAY! 


8. I am thankful for nature's bounty and color - in fruits, vegetables and greens. I am thankful for the seasonal varieties of farm fresh produce I have access to, for creating scrumptious meals for my family and friends.

9. I am thankful for my indulgences - my favorite authors, my favorite foods and favorite hang-outs (yes, shopping places included!) which bring me solace, help me recharge and rejuvenate.

10. Finally, I am thankful for all my faculties - physical and mental, that allow me to function to my maximum potential....

With this humbling thought, I make my plebeian attempt to pay it forward, to the not so fortunate, in whatever way I can. Sometimes through the means afforded by currency..sometimes through mentoring...sometimes through time contribution..but all the time through compassion and heart-felt, profound sense of gratitude.....How do you pay it forward?

Here's wishing Aalayam readers a fabulous holiday season.

Love,
Supriya

By the way...all the pictures you see above are copyrighted to Aalayam. So, please use with permission/link back. Thanks guys!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Supriya ... Yes we should take a moment to Thank and be grateful for all that we are blessed with .. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Viji, A Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

    ReplyDelete