Please go here to participate.
Today's feature - A backyard soiree in pink!
|The trellis is used as a focal point!|
|A hand drawn bride and groom for a personalized touch!|
|Building on the PINK theme!|
|An intimate setting with a big impact!|
- The maid of honor or one of the bridesmaids hosts the event typically in their home.
- Etiquette calls that the bride's family - mom, mom-in-law not host the event!
- It is essentially a get-together to shower bride-to-be with gifts, love and attention.
- The bride, in turn, thanks the hostess with a gift.
- It is usually planned as an afternoon event, 4-6 weeks prior to the wedding and usually after the invitations are sent out.
|Enjoying the outdoors ...yet again!|
|The girls take home a tiny token of love...almond candy!|
Putting it together was an absolute blast and yet another experience that I will fondly remember. I wish my friend Vaishali and her groom Ashwin, a lifetime of happiness….
|Sigh! The wishing tree in willow branches.|
1) Choose 2 primary colors for your setting, if you must, add an accent color - in this case, I opted for pink and basic white . Notice, I chose different shades and hues of pink, to add a 3 dimensional effect.
2) I kept my willow branches for the wishing tree particularly long (see 1st pic)to add visual interest and to keep the eye moving from the table decorations to the trellis decorations
3) Mix in some personalized elements (hand written signs are great!) with the store bought decorations to create your very own custom arrangements
4) Stay away from tacky banners, paper centerpieces, faux floral arrangements!
5) If you have to stick to a theme - remember, less is more! In this case, the bride sign on the trellis, the hand drawn bride and groom and the card stock paper with wedding words were our only wedding themed accessories.
6) Don't be afraid to use stuff you already own - if it is the right color, it will work! Case in point-my pink elephant and the candle holders!
7) And lastly, fresh flowers, fresh flowers, fresh flowers!
Please join us next week to find out who won the gorgeous India Circus tray and we will be talking COLOR!
p.s: All the images are from my backyard and taken by my husband. Please ask before using!